UAE Residency Visa
Who doesn’t dream of residing in UAE? Well, all these dreams are valid considering the ocean of opportunities that are available in the country. Now is the time to stop dreaming and to make it happen. Start with keeping your first step forward towards getting a Residency visa in UAE. We have all the information that you need to apply for your residency visa.
UAE residency visa allows foreigners to live and work in UAE for a long period of time. It is valid for 2-10 years and can be renewed multiple times.
Many benefits are associated with a UAE residence visa. You can avail of the following benefits-
- Open a bank account
- Get a bank loan
- Visa free access to many countries
- Govt and private schooling for children
- Driver’s license
- Govt health services and insurance.
The difference between the UAE Entry Permit and Residence Visa
Entry permit allows a person to enter UAE and is usually valid up to 3 months. It is dependant on the purpose of the visit.
The entry permit needs to be obtained by the sponsor for you before you enter the UAE. After entering the country, a residence visa application can be filled.
Residence Visa allows the person to reside in UAE for a period of time till the Visa is valid. A sponsor applies for your visa.
Eligibility criteria for getting a UAE Residence Visa
To get a UAE Residence Visa, falling under one of the categories is important-
- Working in the UAE
- Studying in a UAE educational institutional
- Dependent of a UAE citizen or foreign resident.
- Investor in the UAE
- Property owner in the UAE
- Plan to retire in the UAE
Sponsor to apply for your UAE Residence Visa?
To apply for a residence visa, a sponsor is required. One can become his/ her own sponsor in some cases.
- In case of a work visa, the sponsor is your employer
- In case of a Student Visa, the sponsor is your school
- In the case of a Dubai (UAE) Family Visa, the sponsor is your family member
- In case you are an investor, the sponsor will be your company or property and you can apply yourself.
Types of UAE Residence Visas
There are various types of Residence Visa in the UAE. They are divided depending on the purpose of travel.
- Work Visa- For foreigners who have found employment in UAE along with a work permit
- Student Visa- For foreigners who have been accepted in an educational institution in UAE
- Family Visa- Issued to close family members of Dubai (UAE) citizens or foreign residents.
- Investment Visa- For foreigners who have made investments in UAE. It is a long term visa.
- Retirement Visa- For foreigners who want to retire in UAE.
Requirements for a UAE Residence Visa?
Many supporting documents are required when applying for a residency visa in UAE:
- The UAE Visa Application Form
- Your Passport
- Two passport-size pictures,
- Entry visa
- Proof of sponsor’s UAE citizenship
- Proof of passing a medical fitness test
- Proof of UAE health insurance plan
- Proof of family ties if it is a family visa
- Work contract, company’s trade license, and firm card in case of work visa.
How to apply for a UAE Residence Visa?
Firstly an Entry Permit is required by a sponsor from one of the following-
- The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
- GDRFA Dubai mobile apps
Applying for a residence visa is necessary once you are in the country. This is done at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs of the emirate where you reside. The Visa fee is also paid depending on the validity of the visa.
After approval of the application, a Residence visa is affixed on the passport. An emirates ID is provided that is valid till the same time as Visa
Where to open your business?
If you require an investment visa, a company needs to be opened under your name in one of the registration authorities in the UAE. There are about 40 of these.
Cost of UAE Residency Visa
The cost of a UAE resident visa differs according to the business registration. Trading, service activities in RAKEZ free zone can cost about AED 30,600, and the same services in Ajman Media City and Umm Al Quwain FTZ free zones can cost AED 24,640 and AED 26,883 respectively. The cost of residency visas in Dubai is higher due to the higher cost of living.
The fees also change depending on the duration of the visa validity.
Maintaining the Visa
In case of permanent UAE residency, no issues are faced with the validity of the visa. For frequent travelers, it is important to visit UAE once in every 6 months. This is important to maintain the Visa. The visa gets canceled in case of failure to do so.
Renewal of Visa
The medical check and Emirates ID needs to be renewed if you need to renew the visa. The renewal process is easier than the process to obtain a new visa. The medical test is done at the medical screening center a week or two before the expiration date. After the tests are done, the application is submitted for Emirates ID renewal.
After this, the visa is renewed again. The visa needs to renewed by the tee sponsor 30 days prior to the date when it is supposed to expire. It can be renewed after it expires as well if it is in the visa expiry grace period.
Foreigners are provided a grace period of 30 days for renewal of the visa post its expiry. In case you fail to do so, a fine needs to be paid for every day that you have overstayed and the country has to be left. The
The fees for overstaying your UAE Residence Visa are AED 25 per day for the first 6 months. This is increased to AED 50 per day for the next 6 months and AED 100 per day for every day after 1 year has passed.
Radiantbiz provides all round solution to all business setup queries whether it is an offshore, a mainland, or a free zone setup. We are transactional banking and trade finance experts and will help you in managing your corporate bank account. We will guide you through the steps of obtaining a license with ease. We have various packages to fit with your dream business and help to get the company that you desire to run.