Dubai freezone License
By Jahnavi Seth | 15th April 23
Dubai’s free zones have been a major contributor to the Emirate’s success as a hub for trade and business. Businesses can benefit from a variety of services and features in Dubai’s free zones. This includes 100% foreign ownership, tax breaks, and simplified processes for licensing, permits, and company registration. Getting the right licence is one of the most crucial steps for Dubai Free zone company formation. This blog will shed light on the various licences offered in Dubai’s free zones, their advantages, and the procedures needed to get them.
This blog helps you better decide if they should establish their businesses in Dubai’s free zones. It will also help you make sure that you have the necessary licences to start your company in one of the Dubai free zones legally.
Types of licenses in Dubai Free Zones
A variety of licences are available in the free zones of Dubai to accommodate various company types and sectors. In Dubai free zones, a few of the most popular licence kinds are as follows:
- Trade Licence: A trading licence helps businesses to import, distribute and export goods. This includes domestic and global trading. It is the best choice for companies that conduct trading operations.
- Service Licence: A service licence allows businesses to offer their services domestically and abroad. Businesses providing consulting and other professional services should use this licence.
- Industrial Licence: It lets businesses carry out manufacturing and industrial operations. It is the best choice for companies that manufacture, assemble, or package goods.
- E-commerce Licence: An E-commerce licence enables businesses to conduct online trade and e-commerce operations. It is the perfect choice for companies who conduct business online.
- Media Licence: A media licence allows businesses to do media-related operations including publishing, broadcasting, and advertising.
- Freelance Licence: A freelance licence enables people to operate as consultants or freelancers within the UAE without having to establish a legal business entity.
Documents required for a Freezone license in Dubai
The exact documents that you are required to submit depend on the freezone where you apply paperwork needed to apply for a Dubai Freezone licence might change based on the freezone in question and the kind of company activity. Documents Required for Company Incorporation :
- 3 name options for the company
- Color Passport copy (for all shareholders)+special page(if applicable)
- Passport Photograph (for all shareholders)
- Home Country Address (for all shareholders)
- Father’s name (for all shareholders)
- Mother’s name (for all shareholders)
- Contact Number (for all shareholders)
- Email (for all shareholders)
- Address Proof
Steps to get a Dubai Free zone license
There are a few steps that need to be followed in order to get your freezone licence in Dubai. The basic steps you need to follow are mentioned below –
- Decide the business activity you want to conduct- You need to decide the business activity you want to conduct before you proceed with the steps. This will help you decide the freezone where you can set up. Since only specific activities are permitted in the free zones, you need to make sure that you are clear with the activity you wanna do.
- Choose a free zone to setup your business: There are many free zones to choose from when it comes to setting up a business in Dubai. You need to research and know if the business activity you want is being done in the freezone you are planning to setup in. The free zone you choose should match the demands to your business.
- Get pre-approvals: Pre-approvals from other governmental organisations if necessary for your business activity.
- Get your licence: Once you have paid your fees for the licence and gotten all the necessary approvals, you can get your licence and get started with your company.
What is the cost of getting a Dubai free zone license?
The cost of getting a Dubai freezone licence depends on your needs and specific wants. This is why it is essential to consult an expert before you get started. You can fill your details in our cost calculator and get the value of your business setup in Dubai Freezone. Estimate your budget and get started with the business of your dreams in Dubai.
How can RADIANTBIZ help you get your free zone license?
Getting your company’s free zone licence with the help of a business setup consultant can be extremely beneficial. Free zones provide many advantages to entrepreneurs establishing their company here. A reduced corporate tax rate and an exemption from income taxes, import and export taxes, and other taxes are some of these.
It can be difficult and time-consuming to acquire a free zone licence. Obtaining a licence without experience or research may even be difficult. This is why you need guidance from a company setup consultant. A company setup consulting firm like RadiantBiz specialises in assisting business owners and entrepreneurs with the formation of their organisations in free zones. They contribute to the process being speedier, more simplified, and more effective.
A business setup consultant can offer a variety of services to help you set up your business in the UAE. These services include selecting the best free zone for your company, managing the documentation, and obtaining government approvals on your behalf. Moreover, they can help you obtain the necessary permissions and licences for your business as well as compliance management services for starting a business in a free zone.
By managing the free zone setup procedures, a business setup consultant can help you save time and effort and let you concentrate on expanding your business. Also, they can help you in ensuring that your business complies with all rules and laws, reducing any potential hazards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Free Zone companies can provide goods and services on the mainland as well as in Free Zones and abroad.
Free zones are looked after and regulated by their free zone authorities. So, it is essential to get the approvals from the same.
Yes, after acquiring an E-commerce license for free zones, you can sell online.
To choose a free zone in Dubai, it is important to keep certain steps in mind such as the activity you are doing, the business type, budget, etc.
The cheapest trade license in UAE starts from AED 4,999/-
No, you can’t sell online without a license in the UAE.
The validity of a free zone visa is 2 years for employees as well as investors.
The validity of a free zone license is usually 1 year but the investors can take a multi year license.