KNOW MORE ABOUT UAE CITIZENSHIP
What is a golden visa in the UAE?
The Dubai Golden visa grants long-term residence benefits which enable talented foreigners to dwell, work, or study in the UAE. The people who are eligible for the golden visa are.
Citizenship is not just limited to the country you are born in, you can be a citizen of the investment and business hub of the world by getting a golden visa in Dubai.
- Exceptional students
- New graduates
- Front-line heroes
- Humanitarian trailblazers
THE SMART CHOICE
What are the benefits of getting a golden visa?
The Dubai golden visa allows its possessors to stay in the UAE while having access to exclusive benefits like:
- A residence permit in UAE valid for five or ten years.
- The golden visa is renewable.
- You will not require a sponsor.
- You can stay abroad for more than 6 months and still preserve the validity of your residence visa.
- You can be the sponsor to your family members regardless of their ages and an unlimited number of domestic workers
- Even if the primary holder of the golden visa passes away, the family get to stay in the country until the expiry of their stay permit.
Am I eligible for a UAE golden visa?
The eligibility criteria for obtaining the UAE Golden Visa are as follow
As a foreign investor, you are required to fulfill all or one of the following requirements in order to obtain a Dubai Golden Visa-
- You should have an investment of up to AED 2 million in a firm in the UAE.
- A capital investment of AED 2 million in your company
- Have a partner owning the company shares worth up to AED 2 million
It is mandatory to fulfill the below mentioned requirements-
- You should entirely own the Investment funds and be able to provide the proof of the same in the form of documentation.
- You should be in possession of the investment for at least three years.
- Provide proof of insurance for you and your dependents.
Real Estate Investor
Real estate investors owning a group of properties can get a Golden Visa for up to 5 years which is renewable. The following are the conditions-
- Letter from the land department of the concerned area that you are in ownership of one or more properties worth no less than AED 2 million
- Property purchased after acquiring a loan from a local bank which should be approved by a competent local authority.
As an entrepreneur you can get a golden visa for 5 years after fulfilling the following criteria-
- If you are in ownership of a future based project or a technical project which involves risk and innovation.
- Approval letter from an auditor claiming that the project value is at least AED 500,000; Statement from authorities stating that the project involves risk and is innovative; and an accredited business incubator to establish the project. All of these letters are mandatory from the concerned authorities in the UAE.
How to get Golden Visa as a person with Specialized talent?
This category includes doctors, scientists, creative people of culture and art, inventors, executives, specialists in scientific fields, athletes, doctoral degree holders and specialists in the fields of engineering and science with one of the aforementioned subjects: epidemiology and viruses, artificial intelligence, big data, computer engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, genetics and biotechnology engineering.
In such cases, you are eligible to apply for a 10 year golden visa after meeting the following criteria-
- Bachelor degree or Master degree copy certified by ministry of education
- A valid work contract
- A high school student and a national level topper can get a 5 years golden visa on recommendation from the ministry of education.It may be extended if the major/college needs more than 5 years of study.
- University students get a golden visa of 10 years on being enrolled in an A or B class university, recommendation letter from Ministry of education or a GPA of no less than 3.8. It should be within 2 years of your graduation.
- Students of foregin universities also need to complete the above mentioned conditions and should be enrolled in top 100 universities in the world.
- You are eligible for a 10 year visa if you have worked for an international or regional organization as an outstanding employee for at least 5 years.
- Worked for civil associations for 5 years.
- Received an award from a local, regional or international organization.
- Funders of Humanitarian work. The fund should be of AED two million.
- Frontline heroes who put out great effort in times of need may be recommended for the Golden visa by a qualified official.
- Letter of recommendation stating that your patent has added value to the country’s economy.
- Recommendation letter from sports council
- The Ministry of Health and Prevention provided letter of approval to practice medicine in the UAE.
- A letter of recommendation from the concerned authorities stating that you have been awarded a medal of excellence.
- an approval letter from the department of culture and arts in the emirates.
- Ministry of Education accredited bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience at the same position, acknowledged by letter of experience
- Valid work contract and salary certificate stating salary worth at least AED 50,000
List of celebrities holding golden visa in 2022
Some of the celebrities holding a golden visa are
What is a Dual Citizenship in UAE?
The recent law in the UAE allows the citizens who are granted the UAE citizenship to keep their existing citizenship. However, you also need to check with your country regarding the same.
What is the Fees for Golden Visa?
The consulting fees for the Golden Visa varies depending on your need:
- If you are applying from UAE, it will range from AED 5K to AED 6K.
- If you are applying from outside UAE, it will range from AED 7K to AED 9K
Can you buy a Golden visa?
Buying a golden visa directly is not possible. You can however buy property, make investments that makes you eligible for applying for the golden visa.
Do I have to stay in the UAE to maintain the visa?
UAE golden visa holders can stay outside the country for as long as they want without the fear of losing their citizenship. This means that you do not have to necessarily stay in the UAE to maintain your residency visa.
What are the essential documents for the UAE golden visa?
The following documents are essential for the UAE golden visa-
- A copy of your passport
- Passport-size pictures
- Medical reports
- Extendable Health insurance
- Immigration Establishment Card
- Travel itinerary such as flight tickets and hotel accommodation.
- Proof of housing in the country
- Additional documents related to the travel could be requested
- Documents related to your work field.